YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY WITH FUTURE FITOUTS
WE ARE HIRING!
This is your opportunity to join one of Brisbane’s fastest growing Fitout companies. We are known for our passion and commitment to deliver Commercial Office and Medical / Health fitout projects and create inspiring spaces for our clients.
Made up of highly driven individuals, the entire team are tied together with common values and an unwavering commitment to each other. This sense of being part of something bigger than themselves has galvanized the team over the years and formed the building blocks that make us an employer of choice and an award-winning company.
Cadet / Junior CA – with interest in Contract Administration
Would suit current university student studying or recent graduate!
About the role
A role has become available in our busy commercial office for a student who is currently studying Construction Management or a related discipline and wants to get their teeth stuck into some real-life practical experience.
As a Construction CA Cadet, you will be working underneath our project delivery team (consisting of Construction Manager, Project Managers, Contract Administrators, and Estimators) learning from the best in the industry and exposure to all thing’s commercial ‘fitout’ related. You will be working on projects with our experienced team within the corporate environment, medical, industrial, government and schools.
This role offers flexibility around study timetables and for the right person may lead to permanent employment.
Who are we looking for?
As a Future Fitouts team member, you will take ownership and pride in your work, deliver consistent results, have respect for yourself and others, and be a team player. Future Fitouts has very high expectations of all our people and a personality fit is essential to the role. This is a fast-paced position requiring a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to follow instructions. You will be required to work alongside the estimating and delivery teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Contract Administrators to prepare scopes, subcontracts, document control, etc.
- Review contractor quotes and maintains trade letting schedules in conjunction with negotiations with external parties
- Maintain and produce project records and reports.
- Completion of tender requests addenda and submissions
- implementation of company WHS, and Quality Assurance policies
- Assisting with all aspects of estimation
- Prepare Handover manuals
- Working with the client and Future Fitouts team to deliver the project
You are… what you'll need to succeed
- Willing to learn, grow and push through challenges
- Someone with a great attitude, the glass half full person – you bring the positive vibe
- A lifelong learner, open to new ideas, embrace change and personal growth
- A person with the ability to understand and interpret drawings, specifications and scopes
- An exceptional communication (both written and verbal)
- Confident in your abilities to multi-task, plan and organise
- Genuine, honest and have a willingness to help your team around you
- Committed to the “Future Fitouts Way” including our Vision, Mission & Values
- Well presented, can solve problems, and actively listen to feedback
- Excellent at following instructions, asking questions and also ability to work independently
- Ability to handle stress, meeting timely deadlines or project design deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills
- Conflict management, adaptability, and flexibility
What’s in it for you?
- Surrounded by a great team that will push you to become better each day
- Vibrant, fun and inspiring work environment
- Opportunities for personal growth and career progression
- Working for a company that is passionate about making a difference to the world
- Exposure to both small business and construction
Who is Future Fitouts?
Here is your opportunity to join Future Fitouts, an award-winning company, featured on Foxtel “Industry Leaders”, We are known for our passion and commitment to deliver commercial projects and create inspiring spaces for our clients. Made up of highly driven individuals, the entire team are tied together with common values and an unwavering commitment to each other. This sense of being part of something bigger, working in a team environment with a fun, exciting, and motivating culture.
We believe in a HAPPY workplace! Our goal is to create a workplace where people WANT to and LOVE coming to work!
We live by our values, every day! Have team morning huddles, exercise together, support and encourage one another and genuinely enjoy each other’s company. Based in Fortitude Valley we are a quick walk to China Town, the popular King Street precinct, and close to public transport.
We focus on the commercial, office, health & medical space, Government, and Education and deliver Fitouts across Brisbane and Gold Coast regions. We manage a number of projects at any one time that range from low-value maintenance works through to higher value entire floor Fitouts
Still want to be part of our team?
Please send a cover letter, your CV and portfolio to email@example.com with “FF Career Opportunity – Cadet” in the subject field.
Due to the high volume of applicants expected for these positions, only suitable candidates will be notified to progress to the next stage. If successful, you will be provided with the detailed Position Description and asked to complete a personality test, health questionnaire and police check.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Please no recruiters.
Learn more about Future Fitouts www.futurefitouts.com.au