Are you in the market for a commercial fitout contractor in Brisbane, but not sure where to start? Let us help you head in the right direction when choosing a fitout contractor for your commercial space.
You’ve probably heard stories about contractors with costly overruns, time delays, hidden fees and poor workmanship quality, but it doesn’t have to be this way.
You CAN avoid this hassle and grief and have a positive fitout experience by learning how to find a commercial fitout contractor in Brisbane you can trust.
After all, getting a new fitout should be an exciting time!
Once you know what to look for, finding the right fitout company for you is easier than you may think.
Whether you’re expanding your premises or if you’re just giving your existing boardroom a makeover, let us show you exactly what you should look for to ensure your fitout is done right.
10 Step Checklist
At Future Fitouts, we have developed a 10 step checklist to help you make the right decision when engaging a commercial fitout company:
- Timely Delivery – Do you need to open on a set date? Perhaps you have staff starting on a particularly day. Can your fitout company promise to deliver on time and ensure you open your doors sooner? Timely delivery is important so make sure your fitout company can meet the specified deadlines.
- Professional and Reliable – Are they professional and reliable? Are testimonials and references available for you to verify this information? The best way to find out if a fitout company has a good reputation is by reading reviews and testimonials from their former customers.
- Quality – What is the quality like? Does the fitout company have an eye for detail and take pride in their work? Take a look at the fitout images on their website. These images should show the quality of workmanship they deliver.
- Right Attitude – Are they approachable? Do they listen to your specific needs and deliver to your brief? It’s important that the fitout you receive matches what you hope to achieve in your space. After all, it’s your business, and you should have a say in how your fitout looks.
- Experience – Does the company have a proven track record of experience with similar sized fitouts? Have they performed fitouts for your industry before? If you see evidence of successful fitouts for similar businesses, you could assume they have the experience needed to complete your project.
- Dedicated Project Manager – Are you assigned a dedicated Project Manager to look after your fitout from start to finish? Or are they busy running around on other jobs? By having a dedicated project manager, you know they are 100% focused on completing your fitout on time, on budget and to the highest standard.
- Trust and Integrity – Do you have a positive ‘gut’ feeling when you meet the company? Do you hold a level of trust in their services? First impressions count, so if the fitout company is completely transparent and upfront about their service from the very beginning, you’ll be more inclined to trust them with your fitout job.
- Smooth Process – Is the process smooth? Do you understand what is going on and have clarity throughout the project? Ongoing communication is vital! You should always be kept informed on how the fitout is progressing from start to finish.
- Stay On Budget – Does the contractor stay on budget and ensure you are not left with surprise variations or cost overruns? Choose a fitout company that has your best interests in mind and guarantees to stick to your budget so you’re not surprised by unexpected costs.
- After Hours Work – Is the work required after hours? Or during hours with minimal disruptions? Can the company ensure the work is undertaken to suit your needs? Not all fitout companies will offer work outside regular business hours so if your business needs to remain operational while a fitout is underway, make sure the fitout contractor is equipped to handle this request.
Make the Right Choice
Future Fitouts ticks all the above and will save you time, energy and money! You are welcome to shop around and spend time researching other Brisbane fitout companies, but make sure they tick all the boxes without just ‘promising’ to deliver.
At Future Fitouts, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver in all of these areas.
As a highly reputable Brisbane commercial fitouts company, we offer the complete project management solution from start to finish. Call us today on 1300 368 461.