YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY WITH FUTURE FITOUTS
WE ARE HIRING!
Estimator with Fitout Experience
This is your opportunity to join one of Brisbane’s fastest growing Fitout companies. We are known for our passion and commitment to deliver Commercial Office and Medical / Health fitout projects and create inspiring spaces for our clients.
Made up of highly driven individuals, the entire team are tied together with common values and an unwavering commitment to each other. This sense of being part of something bigger than themselves has galvanized the team over the years and formed the building blocks that make us an employer of choice and an award-winning company.
About the role
This is a diverse, challenging, busy and highly rewarding role where you will take ownership to estimate a number of projects concurrently working alongside the pre-project delivery team. Estimating projects ranging from $10K to $10m across a range of industries and various clients.
Work on a number of D&C and fully documented / tender projects in a range of sectors including; commercial, office fitouts, refurbishments, make-goods, health & medical, industrial and government.
A technologically advanced company with great systems and software programs to support you in the estimating position.
Reporting to the Managing Director to ensure conversion growth and targets are met.
Outcomes of the position
- Accurate and competitive pricing and estimates are delivered within the required tender/fee proposal timeframes
- Alternatives and value management solutions are offered, including; different products/buildability advice/alternatives and price options to meet client requirements/budget constraints or offer additional value
- Detailed and accurate tenders are completed, estimates prepared, and detailed scope of works written for clients to ensure the best chance of winning the job
- Thorough understanding of client requirements, the scope of work, budget constraints and project timeframes/deadlines
- Conforming and best value quotes from multiple subcontractors are received, and the entire scope of the project is covered
Skills and experience
Colleagues say that you are precise, logical and ask questions to determine the facts. Suppliers, Subcontractors, and Trades seem to work harder for you than anyone else as you have the ability to build relationships and work with people to get things done.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ previous estimating experience in QLD on commercial office fitout and refurbishment projects ranging between 10K – $10m
- Strong cost planning skills, including an up to date knowledge of current market rates
- Experience using CostX, Buildsoft or a similar estimating package is desired
- Confident in your abilities to multi-task, plan and organise with the ability to manage multiple estimates and get out multiple fee proposals at once
- Thrive in a fast-paced, positive environment
- Logical, detailed and analytical in your working approach
- Self motivated and a enthusiastic, hard-working attitude
- Are a person that not only embraces the challenge but THRIVES on it
- Lives in line with our Vision, Mission & Values
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Driven by consistent results/KPI’s, delivering estimates on time and achieve conversion rates
- A natural at problem-solving, critical thinking and ‘solution’ minded
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including computer literacy
- Tertiary qualification in a building-related discipline or relevant industry experience
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing Bills of Quantities and Requests For Quotes for all trade packages
- Measuring and calculating the cost of materials and labour for self-performed work
- Tender submissions and take-offs
- Writing Scope of Works and preparing Fee Proposals for clients
- Developing relationships and liaise with new and existing Clients, Suppliers, and Subcontractors
- Preparing accurate estimates to meet minimum project gross profit margins
- Read and interpret project drawings, plans, specifications, and fitout guides
- Construction methodology plans and tender packages
- Prepare Construction programs where applicable to include with tender submissions (using Microsoft Project)
- Understanding client requirements and breaking down into trades, liaising with contractors to obtain quotes
- Preliminary design and construct review/cost analysis
Benefits and perks
- You will be joining a dynamic group of people, committed to developing themselves, growing the company and delivering inspiring commercial spaces
- Surrounded by a great team that will push you to become better each day in a vibrant, fun and inspiring work environment
- Due to the growth curve of the company, advancement opportunities for the right person may be available
- You will be rewarded with a salary package equivalent to your experience, and all the support and training you require, to see you succeed and achieve your professional and personal goals
- Working for a company that is passionate about making a difference to the world, giving back and being an honest and ethical family company
Please email your application to email@example.com with “FF Career Opportunity – Estimator” in the subject field and include;
- Single (1) page cover letter summarising your commercial experience, previous successful projects/conversions and experience with estimating programs.
- CV / Resume
Due to the high volume of applicants expected for these positions, only suitable candidates will be notified to progress to the next stage. If successful, you will be asked to complete a DISC Profile, Health Questionnaire and Police Check.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Respectfully no recruiters.